Sunday 7 August 2011

Sun Flower - "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways"

A red sunflower, a solar deity. It's circumference to the sun is perfect to the golden ratio. This mature sunflower stays facing east not like the younger ones who chase the sun all day long. One day a young girl walking through the meadows was dreaming about love. She had fallen for someone but did not know how the other felt. In the soft warm breeze a butterfly whispered past her face and landed on a beautiful red sunflower. She walked closer to the flower and gazed at it "a flower this beautiful must be true if asked a question of love. For the butterfly guided me to this flower so that I may too metamorphosis and spread my wings and dance in the sun." Suddenly a gust of wind took the butterfly and it disapeared amongst the trees. The young girl's hand reach over to a petal and picked it. Then she began to pick each petal off one by one saying, "How do I love thee? let me count the ways;" "love me, love me not...". As she approached the last petal her heart quickend. "Love me!!!" She rolled in the grass with her arms streched out to the sun and kissed the flower goodbye. The sunflower laid in the tall green grass tired and withered trying to reach for the sun. Each seed from it's crown and glory began to fall to the ground. The earth's fertile soil would lay to rest the seeds and in time the flower would give birth to itself again. For the last petal of the flower had spoken to the young girl saying,..... love me

No comments: